23 April


Day 23 (2)


Off prompt - inspired by endless photos of 'Liverpool in Black and White'



Liverpool in Black and White

They keep demolishing and smashing Liverpool
Again again
In black and white 
And it seems that I was born nowhere
And lived nowhere

My grandmother
Might say this again and again
God ! Winston and Duke and Palmerston and hope
All done
Cracked window, what's your purpose?

Fainting house, what's your purpose?
On your knees and other buildings collapsing too
Hysteria,  Derelict house
Who lives in you like a crab in its hermit shell?
Release to me my people from the photographs

My Grandmother with her white eyelashes
all the brother ans the sisters -
charlie john sidney ellis annie may edie flo
all done
Black white photo, memorabilia, what's your purpose?


No comments:

Post a Comment