19 April

Day 19 (3)

2 prompts in one

Poetry Society - a diary of a day in line
Napowrimo - an account of things picked up on a walk


Diary


my best cup is cracked, no metaphor. Drink from it anyway
you are awake, i sweep the floor and lament the smear upon the window
someone arrives - i hear her but don't see, she leaves a plastic bag, the blue of morocco
the girls wake up, I can tell them apart by voice, one asks, what day is it, what day
my online course posits, as I'm reading print outs - bad things happen and can drive you crazy
there's a draught from the window and i remember with a lurch, that it's still spring
I eat fruit, but all we have is oranges
I wear my purple boots and I feel fine 
we find, we find the wonderful forest closed and all the trees unsuited
on our way around the reservoir, the poor graffiti, 23 and 3d names
the outsize nest of swans, eggless and golden
so much blossom, in the latest pink of blood spat into bowl
the car is so hot, I fall asleep, it's the best dream I had in weeks
we stretch ourselves in yoga and it hurts
we text our friends during the film
I fall asleep, but don't dream
tomorrow is another day 

Found


Is this a poem ? I don't know
Is this like life? I don't even know
For you, I have brought a special tea
For you, my pockets empty themselves
as I walk in the room:

10 bottlecaps , a rubber band, thingymajigs,
a piece of green broken glass,
an angel's feather, plucked right from its back,
dark blood on the roots 



No comments:

Post a Comment